Mountain West Services (MWS) is seeking a full time NDE/NDT Level II Technician for our Grande Prairie location. Candidates must be willing to travel throughout Western Canada – British Columbia, Alberta & Saskatchewan. This job opening is available for potential employees, contractors or a contract Technician/Helper team.
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
- Perform UT corrosion surveys
- Perform inspections at plant turnarounds/projects (MT/UT/LPI)
- Interpret, evaluate, and document results of inspections through formal detailed reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Co-ordinate with administrative staff to create final reports
- Maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and clients
- Meet client and internal deadlines
- Direct Employees will be responsible to take care of assigned company truck and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- CGSB UT Level II certification
- CGSB Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) Level II certification
- Additional NDE (Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI) Level II)/API certifications considered an asset.
- Current First Aid, H2S Alive, Confined Space Entry/Rescue, Fall Protection, TDG and WHMIS training
- Valid drivers’ license and clean driving record
- Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary
- Ability to work an on-call schedule and overtime
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
- Detailed oriented, well organized and reliable
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team, as well as independently
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
ONLY LOCAL GP & FORT ST JOHN CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. MUST HAVE UT CERTIFICATIONS.
Established in 2000, Mountain West Services is a recognized leader in providing NDE services to multiple industries within Western Canada. For more information please visit our website online at www.mtnwest.ca.
Mountain West Services offers competitive wages, overtime, benefits and personnel training to successful applicant. MWS is a non-union company which allows us to be extremely competitive within the industry. MWS provides high-quality service in a timely manner, a fast report turnaround is top priority upon completion of every project.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Mountain West Services. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match our requirements for the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are not successful for this opportunity please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
- No phone calls please