JOIN OUR TEAM
At The Salvation Army Fort St. John we see personal and professional growth of our employees as an integral part of our work. We are constantly seeking to improve the people, skills, and opportunities entrusted to us. We want every employee to not only win at work but also succeed at life.
MISSION AND VALUES:
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Program Assistant, Supportive Housing, will work in conjunction with the Program Team to provide additional
support to the tenants of the facility. Some duties may include in-room support with laundry or meal prep,
accompaniment to appointments and activities as outlined in their personal plans.
- Provides support to tenants and staff in program delivery
- Assists with daily operations, laundry, food services prep, light cleaning
- Is involved in accompaniment off-site with tenants, reporting to Key Workers daily activities in conjunction
with personal plans
- Consistently demonstrates respect and empathy for all tenants
- Maintains availability for personal, practical, and moral support
- Accurately records relevant information to support staff
- Liaises with referral sources and other external agencies as needed
- Ensures ongoing enforcement of policies
- Performs other job-related duties as required to ensure a safe and secure environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- CPR, First Aid certification
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Training an asset
- Strong service ethic and a friendly disposition with the public
- Adaptability to change and frequent interruptions
- Team oriented and able to take initiative
- Willingness to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Problem solving
- Team player
How to Apply
Click the link below to complete our job application form. Once completed, please send your application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention HR Department and include the competition #, located in the top right corner of the job posting, in the subject header.
Mail application to 9824 99 Ave. Fort St John, BC, V1J5A5. Also attention HR Department and include the competition #, located in the top right corner of the job posting, in the subject header.
JOB APPLICATION FORM
*No phone call please.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.