Come join the exciting world of aviation!! Established in 2006, our company provides multi-functional aviation services offering passenger, cargo and ground support with a focus on safety and quality. For us, success lies in delivering peace of mind to our customers, and we are passionate about ensuring their needs are met – on time, every time.
Do you have an interest in the Aviation industry? We are searching for individuals who are team players and eager!
- Supervisors assist in communicating policies and procedures within their operation. They assist with directing and coordinating activities to provide a safe environment for employees while maintaining efficient services. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment with time constraints to meet operational goals. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee. “Lead by Example” concept is strongly promoted.
- Supervisors must report to work on a regular and timely basis; report directly to the Manager.
- Performs all functions of Lead, as needed.
- Actively participates in the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Verify training and education is provided
- Identify, correct and actively seek out emerging hazards, know effective control measures for the hazards
- Directly observe workers, verify that workers’ performance meets expectations for safety
- Direct and instruct workers
- Respond to worker questions and concerns
- Ensure the health and safety of all workers
- Provide/verify workers’ training before undertaking new tasks
- Maintain a Supervisor’s journal or log
- Coordination and oversight of aircraft turnaround activities
- Ensure that processes are delivered within SLA standards and compliance limits while adhering to safety requirements
- Schedule and coordinate SA employees as required, ensuring all shifts are covered.
- Work with the Operations Manager and HR team to ensure staffing levels are complete; and be involved in the hiring process including interviewing and delivering all training to GSA candidates
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure employee assessments are completed in a timely fashion.
- Delegate daily flight responsibilities among ramp team members and assign all team members.
- Follow and enforce all airline standard operating procedures.
- Ensure proper first aid procedures are administered to injured staff and correct reporting procedures are carried out.
- Intelex (Safety Management System – SMS) must be generated and sent out within 4 hours of occurrence.
- Complete DFR’s, including fuel burn reports and deicing logs.
- Ensure complete flight paperwork are submitted in a timely manner
- Ensure all billings, adhoc, are recorded per flight and submitted to the Operations Manager in a timely fashion.
- Delegate job duties as required and ensure completion.
- Participate in oversight of all the operation during hours when required.
- Maintain Quality Assurance oversight for operational issues relating to output and safety, providing suitable corrective and/or preventative actions where necessary
- Cooperate fully with Inspectors to achieve quality inspection commitments
- Perform other ground service duties as assigned.
- Experience in a Lead Role
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
- Obtain a clear criminal record
- Ability to obtain necessary airport and/or Transport Canada security clearance
- Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs (23kg) on a regular basis
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and varying schedules, and on call – as required
- Must successfully complete airline specific training programs and recertification
- Willing to participate in formal leadership and job specific (i.e., Train the Trainer) training
- Willing to travel to other bases
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Above average organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality; comfortable presenting, training, coaching
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
How to Apply
Please apply at https://saaviation.ca/careers/