With a team of 22,000 of the world’s best grocers at more than 180 stores from B.C. to Manitoba, Save-On-Foods is one of BC’s Top Employers, B.C.’s Most Loved Brand, and a great place to grow your career. Our legacy of outstanding value and customer service dates back more than 100 years and continues in every community we serve, every day.
At Save-On-Foods we provide opportunities for continuous development, competitive total compensation and a fun working environment. We demonstrate corporate responsibility by living our core values supporting local and celebrating our world class team by living our core values supporting local and celebrating our world class team.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Department Manager, Center of Store to join our team in 2220 Fort St. John.
This position will contribute to the success of the store by demonstrating our company mission of Always Customer First and embodying our core values of Service, People, Innovation, Fun, and Integrity.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, and therefore, the successful applicant must have an open availability.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team, acting as a coach, mentor, and resource to team members
- Fostering a positive environment that is focused on always customer first service
- Engaging and retaining team members through training and development, performance management, rewards/recognition and the identification and development of future leaders
- Communicating important messages with the store team
- Using knowledge of the community, competitive environment, and industry to develop entrepreneurial strategies to grow the business
- Ensuring accurate stocktaking in the department
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Get paid every Friday!
- Team Member offers and discounts
- Benefits & Pension eligibility
- Wellness and Team Member assistance program
- Educational Reimbursement & Scholarship Opportunities
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Passion for great food and outstanding service
- Strong work ethic and “let’s get it done” attitude
- Two to three years of experience serving customers
- Food Safe Certification
How to Apply
Please apply to the below link:
Join our Team!
Come and be a part of an energetic and inclusive team where we work together to have fun and achieve our goals. If you are a positive, customer-focused individual, we would love to hear from you.
Apply now and add your smile to the mix!