Join MasTec Canada
We are a team that is motivated, ambitious and inclusive. We are united by a commitment to safety and united by a passion for solutions and innovation.
MasTec Canada offers career opportunities for individuals looking to take part in Canada’s industrial construction sector. Guided by our Core Values of team, respect, excellence, integrity, duty and protect, we construct and maintain projects safely, reliably and with care and respect for the environment in which we operate.
Why Join Us?
- Our Core Values are front and center and operationalized across the business
- Individual contribution is rewarded and teamwork is encouraged
- A commitment to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our employees can freely bring diverse perspectives and varied work experiences to work
- Individual development is provided (e.g., hands-on training and cross-functional project opportunities)
Employer: MasTec Canada Inc. ("MasTec Canada" or the "Company")
MasTec Canada, in consultation with its joint venture partner, Kihew Fab-co Ltd., is seeking to employ a Dispatcher for service on construction projects in the Blueberry River First Nations traditional territory. The Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating the operating activities of field workers and ensuring that safety requirements and procedures are followed. Communicating with supervisors and workers regarding any related details is required. Proper organization and documentation of paperwork regarding driver training, drug and alcohol testing, and worker scheduling etc. is required. Flexibility for shift work and possible on-call shifts is required. The Dispatcher must live and actively promote Mastec Canada’s core values as set out in MasTec Canada’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (hereafter “Kihew MasTec’s Core Values”).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensuring driver’s training is scheduled, up-to-date, and appropriately documented
- Preparing trucks to be signed in/out with correct labeling and tracking through spreadsheets
- Coordinating paperwork for employee and contractor orientation and hiring packages
- Administering and scheduling of new employee alcohol and drug testing and ensuring that employees meet the minimum safety requirements and are fit for duty
- Locating workers and their required equipment, including call sheets and radio channel lists prior to dispatching workers to field requests
- Reviewing and updating dispatch log daily, ensuring all dispatched workers are documented correctly
- Communicating with field supervisors and administrators
- Supporting with bookkeeping and administrative tasks such as, record keeping for vacation hours, monitoring of fuel cards for workers, time-card reports, general organization of office space and paperwork
- Maintaining a clean and organized place of work
- Demonstrating a commitment to safe work procedures
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma is preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in dispatch role within oil and gas sector
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for promoting and living out Kihew MasTec’s Core Values
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbally and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Be able to work with sensitivity towards Indigenous people and conscientiously within First Nations’ traditional territory (sensitivity and/or indigenous relations training will be considered an asset)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to the following link: