Position Title: Education Coordinator
Department: Chalo Independent School Society
Location: On Reserve
Supervisor: Director of Education
Schedule: 35 hours per week, calendar year
SUMMARY / SCOPE
Reporting to the Director of Education, the Education Coordinator (Education Services) will administer special programs and services which provide direct financial aid or other benefit to individuals of the eligible population; advocacy work may be included in the provision of services. Specialized services typically involve an application and case management process, and while individuals mainly self-refer, in some cases individuals are identified by others and referred to the service. The Education Coordinator is responsible for coordinating service activities for eligible individuals and this includes applying the applicable case management approach, conducting assessments, providing regular progress reports, and providing guidance towards suitable opportunities; coaching clients is a periodic aspect of the work. This position provides a range of clerical and administrative support work, including: purchasing and ordering, appointment bookings, processing applications, updating information, and communicating updates and changes to all stakeholders, as well as, maintaining filing systems, document preparation and document control, research, drafting letters and documents for approval, organizing calendars and communications of the office, preparing and setting up for meetings, note taking, and ensuring the smooth flow of information and correspondence in and out of the office; using the appropriate information/tools and tracking methods, ensuring prompt and timely service delivery. This position communicates information of a specific nature and is responsible for working one-to-one with members of the public to assist them with accessing public services and community member benefits. This position is also responsible for limited public relations as it relates to programs offered within the department; other limited responsibilities include records management, communications, and financial processing for the assigned service area. A key element of success for this position is the development of an awareness and understanding of the work of the department and the benefits within the service area that are accessible to members of the public. Other related duties as required.
Note: This position summary is currently under review and may be revised and updated to include responsibilities related to trades and workplace training. Remuneration will be adjusted accordingly to reflect the increased responsibilities for the Education Coordinator position.
The Education Coordinator is a professional, ethical and responsible individual who ensures confidentiality of information, and adheres to policies and procedures, and works with other staff to form a positive and supportive team atmosphere. The Education Coordinator has good interpersonal skills including good listening skills to listen to requests for information and to ask questions to gather all necessary information ensuring understanding for accurate processing of requests. The Education Coordinator has good written and verbal communication skills and communicates with any employee or senior staff member from any department, and regularly communicates with and assists members of the public in accessing services and is responsible for exercising sound judgment within policy guidelines.
- Organizing and Coordinating
- Time Management
- Customer Service
• Mature individual of professional presentation, and graduated from high school, or high school equivalent.
• Three (3) years demonstrated progressive experience in administrative/executive support role.
• Proficient skills in MS Office Suite applications, internet, email and basic knowledge of database management technologies and knowledge regarding remote access and operation connectivity.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral); ability to build and maintain relationships with members and leaders and effectively liaise with diverse groups and a range of individuals, remotely and in person, in a professional manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to use good judgment, handle competing priorities and meet deadlines.
• Keyboarding proficiency with few errors
• Highly organized and detail orientation.
• Able to clear a criminal record check.
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License and clean driver’s abstract.
The following are considered assets:
• Applied Business Technology or equivalent Certification and previous office experience.
• Previous experience working in Education.
• Previous experience preparing agendas and taking notes.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Previous First Nation experience, and an awareness and understanding of First Nations history and context.
• Google™ drive, calendar, forms and other Google™ products;
• Ability to speak Cree and/or Dene.
How to Apply
Kindly forward your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources, Recruitment
Fort Nelson First Nation
R.R. #1, Mile 295, Alaska Highway
Fort Nelson, B.C. V0C 1R0
We thank all individuals for applying, but only those applicants whose applications clearly demonstrate meeting all of the requested minimum qualifications will receive a response.