Ministry of Children and Family Development
Currently, there are four (4) positions available in the following locations: Prince George, Quesnel, Fort St John, Dawson Creek. Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week as per the telework agreement.
Growth Out of Care Worker (Growth)
$65,844.70 - $84,134.34 annually (Growth) plus grid 1 temporary market adjustment for full working level
The Growth Out of Care Worker (Growth) works collaboratively with families, child protection workers, Indigenous communities and other teams to promote and facilitate options for care with extended family and friends through Out of Care placements. The Out of Care Worker shares and increases knowledge around Out of Care options, attends Family Case Planning Conferences (FCPC) and Family Group Conferencing (FGC), completes care service providers' home study assessments, provides direct and extensive support to care providers, processes contract payments, connects approved caregivers to community supports and provides emotional support and advocacy.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Preferred Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Social Work or in Child & Youth Care OR Master's Degree in Educational Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare OR
- In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- Expanded Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field OR Bachelor’s Degree with a Major/Honors in a Human Services field OR Master’s level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services field AFTER the completion of an unrelated Bachelor’s Degree.
- PLUS, a minimum of one year of related OR job-specific work experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Human Services fields include: Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology or Nursing.
How to Apply
For more information, a complete list of qualifications and to apply online by August 24, 2023, please go to: