At Drax, we are working towards a zero-carbon, sustainable future and you can help make this future a reality. Join us in our mission to be climate positive, nature positive, and people positive!
If you are an excellent communicator, are organized, detail oriented, results oriented, join the team as the Heavy Duty Mechanic.
Heavy Duty Mechanics (HDM) are responsible for providing a diverse spectrum of technical and mechanical support, including troubleshooting equipment needs and ensuring they meet our common goals of safety, product quality and delivery at the plant.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy Duty Mechanic will maintain various pieces of equipment throughout the facility.
Location: Meadowbank Plant
Our Meadowbank Plant is located ten minutes South of Hixon, British Columbia, Canada which is approximately 45 Km from Quesnel, BC and 75 Km away from Prince George, BC. This position requires a daily commute by vehicle to and from the site. Willingness and the ability to drive to and from work each day will be a requirement of the role.
- Actively participates in Drax's safety culture, including the use of safety systems for recording
safety conversations, observations and training.
- Regularly sets an example and provides leadership for safety in all areas of the business.
- Support the leadership team when mentoring and training other employees to ensure employees are
properly trained and competent complete with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Drax's high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the
participation of all team members.
- Participate and communicate on the company radio
- Active involvement in Drax's safety improvement and engagement efforts
Roles and Responsibilities:
Routine Daily Maintenance – 75%
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity and
environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
- Work with other tradespeople in a team environment, to increase safety, efficiency, quality and production.
Shutdown and Strategic Capital Projects – 15%
- Provides assistance and expertise to plant projects including planning as needed.
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Drax employees to ensure safety, efficiency,
quality and timely execution of projects.
Mentorship and Leadership to Maintenance Staff – 10%
- Champions Drax safety policies and procedures serving as an active contributor in maintaining a safe and healthy
work environment; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Mentors in house Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentices through their professional development.
- A competitive hourly wage, with opportunities to move into different positions as you gain experience.
- A supportive team environment where you will continuously learn and grow.
- Great benefits that start from day one at Drax, and an RRSP matching plan to support your personal and family goals.
- A company bonus plan which rewards overall Drax performance, safety, and scorecard benchmarks.
Who you are?
Are you a team player with a willingness to learn and grow, who doesn’t mind working in an industrial environment? Then keep reading and apply today!
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You are an independent problem solver.
- You like physical work and enjoy staying busy, moving, and being on your feet for medium to long periods of time.
- You work with a strong sense of urgency and are respectful.
- You are a good at prioritizing tasks and your day-to-day workload.
- Safety of self and others is a huge priority for you.
- You are a good listener and are open to feedback.
- You are adaptable and don’t mind working in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates a hands-on attitude and pays attention to detail.
- You are willing to pitch in wherever needed
How to Apply
Please go to the below link:
We’re at our best when we share inspiration and insight right across Drax, and search for new ideas and ways of working. We welcome applications from everyone and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
Curious to learn more about us? We recommend you connect with us on LinkedIn for more insights.
The Drax Resourcing team will never use third-party apps to make job offers. The recruitment process with Drax will always include at least one face to face interview, either in person or via an online video call, as well as several phone conversations. Drax will never ask you to download apps to enter timesheet details, or ask you to purchase your own IT equipment. If you have any concerns during your recruitment process or suspect something isn’t right, please contact us via email@example.com to verify the application or details of the person you have been speaking to.