Ministry of Forests
Fort St. John, BC (Hybrid)
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to two (2) days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement. Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
$67,931.58 - $86,624.56 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is a unique program of the Ministry of Forests. Working collaboratively with regional and district operations, BCTS plans, develops and auctions a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. BCTS operates as a for profit entity within a government organization.
The Practices Forester is accountable for performing a wide variety of professional services including operational planning, cut block and forest road layout and development, planning and evaluating silviculture activities and ensuring compliance with the Forest Stewardship Plan.
- A Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or be eligible for registration as an RPF with Forest Professionals British Columbia and two (2) years of experience in operational field forestry activities.
- Operational field forestry activities include the following:
- Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance
- Cut-block development
- Forest road engineering
- Timber tenure development and administration
- Planning integrated resource management
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply online by February 18th, 2024, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/109439