Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Solutions) is a leading provider of high-performance building solutions that meet the demands of builders, remodelers, and homeowners worldwide. We manufacture engineered wood building products that include an extensive offering of innovative and dependable building materials and accessories. LP’s values-driven culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in an ethical, inclusive, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Since our founding in 1972, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, LP operates more than 20 facilities across North and South America. For more information, visit LPCorp.com.
We’d love to meet you if...
… you’re energized by big challenges and creating a plan to meet the challenge
… you enjoy working with others to deliver great work
… you’re innovative and looking for a values-driven, positive culture and environment
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Engage in business or regional business team activities associated with the development of their strategic and operating plans
- Formulate and maintain an engineering resource plan to support a business or geographic region with less than $250 million in revenue
- Provide leadership to a capital program consisting of approximately 50 projects, valued up to $50 million and annual cash flow up to $15 million distributed across multiple facilities throughout a business or geographic region
- Provide overall leadership for engineering projects/programs with NPV up to $75 million
- Recommends project submittals that are consistent with business and functional objectives
- Conduct benchmarking and competitive research to keep up with best-of-class practices and to assure that our corporate process technology and capital productivity lead the industry
- Conduct training for engineering and other personnel in the areas of Engineering, Manufacturing and Leadership
- Participate as a sponsor or team member in leading business process improvement within the company
- Work with Research and Development and Marketing during early product development to assure new processes and products are designed for manufacturability
- Assume responsibility for personal safety and for the safety performance of all personnel, projects and programs managed.
- Maintain Engineering records according to corporate Records Retention Guidelines
- Work closely with other Corporate Functions including Supply Management, Audit, Financial Services, Environmental Services and Information Technology to assure conformance with corporate policy
- Conduct special projects/studies, as opportunities arise, relating to technology and capital effectiveness
- Moderate to heavy travel requiring a flexible schedule is required
What do I need to be successful?
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience (2-4 of which are in corporate management) in one or more of the following fields; engineering, capital project management, manufacturing, business process development, auditing
- Demonstrated experience managing programs across multiple facilities throughout North America
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional capital project teams
- Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Knowledge of Life-Cycle planning and long-term capitalization strategies for manufacturing facilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in effective management and supervisory practices.
- Knowledge of world-class manufacturing techniques, including Just-In-Time, Lean Manufacturing, and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing
- The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to a variety of complex business problems
- The ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- The broad education and experience necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a business and manufacturing environment
- The ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- BS in Engineering, Applied Science, or related field (or equivalent)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license desirable
- BS equivalency: 6-8 years discipline experience
- Plant/office environment
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Business Process, Engineer, R&D, Engineering, Management, Research
How to Apply
Apply at LP website or go the below link: