JOIN OUR TEAM
At The Salvation Army Fort St. John we see personal and professional growth of our employees as an integral part of our work. We are constantly seeking to improve the people, skills, and opportunities entrusted to us. We want every employee to not only win at work but also succeed at life.
MISSION AND VALUES:
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY:
This position exists to support guests in our shelter programs and to work with fellow teammates to ensure a safe and
healthy work environment.
- Handles the admission, orientation and evaluation of guests
- Supports case plans, Monitors the activities of the guests
- Performs internal and external security checks
- Consistently demonstrates respect and empathy for all guests
- Maintains availability for personal, practical and moral support
- Provides safe storage and recording of prescribed medications
- May handle finances relating to room rentals and meal tickets, and receipting of same
- Answers the program department telephone and records/remits messages
- Accurately records day-to-day happenings
- Liaises with referral sources and other external agencies as needed
- Coordinates guest care relating to security issues
- Ensures ongoing enforcement of policies
- Performs other assigned duties as required to ensure a safe and secure environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred applicant will have completed at least 2 years of Community College in Social Services
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- CPR, First Aid
- Criminal Record Check
- Non-Violent Crisis Training an asset
- Strong service ethic and a friendly disposition with the public
- Adaptability to change and frequent interruptions
- Team oriented and able to take initiative
- Willingness to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Computer ability
- Problem solving
- Team player
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent.
- A clear vulnerable sector screening.
- A clean drivers abstract.
- Completion of our online Praesidium Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training.
How to Apply
Click the link below to complete our job application form. Once completed, please send your application, cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Attention HR Department and include the competition #, located in the top right corner of the job posting, in the subject header.
Mail application to 9824 99 Ave. Fort St John, BC, V1J5A5. Also attention HR Department and include the competition #, located in the top right corner of the job posting, in the subject header.
JOB APPLICATION FORM
*No phone call please.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.