JOIN OUR TEAM
At The Salvation Army Fort St. John we see personal and professional growth of our employees as an integral part of our work. We are constantly seeking to improve the people, skills, and opportunities entrusted to us. We want every employee to not only win at work but also succeed at life.
MISSION AND VALUES:
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Program Director B provides Christian leadership by directing residential service delivery for all resident
programs (i.e. addictions, hostel, and mental health) in accordance with government contractual agreements
and Salvation Army standards.
- Directs all aspects of the programs’ operations at the Northern Centre of Hope emergency shelter, transitional
housing and supportive housing in accordance with the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- Plans, develops, maintains and monitors all aspects of the programs’ service delivery and administrative
systems; implements new programs to meet changing needs
- Plans, develops and revises policies, protocols and day-to-day operating procedures for all areas of programs’
operation in compliance with government and Salvation Army standards including accreditation requirements
- Maintains and promotes effective working relationships and communications with government agencies, and
- Hires, orientates, trains, evaluates, rewards, disciplines and terminates in consultation with Executive Director
or designate; ensures staff safety in compliance with health and safety standards, and prepares, analyzes,
submits and acts on incident reports; deals with complaints/grievances and may participate in union
- May plan the budget with the Executive Director for the program and ensures compliance with the approved
budget; may authorize program expenditures up to a pre-determined amount
- Oversees and checks the maintenance and care of program facilities, including equipment, furnishings, and
assessing capital needs; ensures compliance with all municipal licensing standards including fire, water, health
and safety, etc.
- Prepares qualitative and quantitative operational reports as requested; develops quality assurance standards
- Oversees appropriate and effective case management system and practices
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to enhance program delivery by seeking community partnerships and or
new funding sources
- Performs other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL & LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve service and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to
meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make
decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions
which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data,
information and activities
- Plan: Determine strategies to move set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information,
generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the
vision and values of the organization.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work
environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the
behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Ability to work with difficult or emotionally needy people in a patient and compassionate manner
- Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army
- May prepare financial and other requested reports to the National and Regional offices
- Processes timesheets for direct reports
- Creates and maintains list of reports required by Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- The successful job applicant will have completed an Undergraduate University degree (e.g., B.A., B.Sc. B.Sc.N.).
- Certification in Social Services Field
- CPR, First Aid and Non-Violent Crisis Training
- Criminal Record Check
- Minimum one to three years of prior related experience
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong service ethic, team oriented & have the ability to take initiative
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and
- Willingness to work with people from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
How to Apply
Click the link below to complete our job application form. Once completed, please send your application, cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Attention HR Department and include the competition #, located in the top right corner of the job posting, in the subject header.
Mail application to 9824 99 Ave. Fort St John, BC, V1J5A5. Also attention HR Department and include the competition #, located in the top right corner of the job posting, in the subject header.
JOB APPLICATION FORM
*No phone call please.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.