JOIN OUR TEAM
At The Salvation Army Fort St. John we see personal and professional growth of our employees as an integral part of our work. We are constantly seeking to improve the people, skills, and opportunities entrusted to us. We want every employee to not only win at work but also succeed at life.
MISSION AND VALUES:
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY:
Prepares lunch and supper for the Northern Centre of Hope while ensuring compliance with the Canada Food Guide and
with applicable health regulations.
- Prepares lunch and dinner meals in accordance with the meal plan set out by the food service coordinator.
- Monitors food preparation of volunteers to ensure all food and products are consistently prepared and serves according to recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards
- To decide on the appropriate, creative, and efficient use of food, including donations so as to minimize
- Adapts work practices within specific parameter to ensure the efficient delivery of food services
- Monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment; recommends
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues and Canada Food Guide
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbal and written
PHYSICAL EFFORT/DEXTERITY REQUIRED:
- Lifting, packing, moving more than 20 lbs, standing for several hours at a time
- The performance of the job requires continuously monitoring the environment, frequently interacting with
- clients, attentive listening, and moderate attention when recording information.
The incumbent’s work environment is typically in an office and a program department - Shelter, Treatment facilities.
The incumbent works under generally agreeable conditions, with the following exceptions:
May have to deal with angry people
- Verbal abuse
- Work schedule affecting lifestyle
- The incumbent may have little to no travel required.
EXPOSURE TO HAZARDS:
The job incumbent may be exposed to the risk of minor to moderate injury or illnesses due to the following:
- Physical attacks by others
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Exposure to bodily fluids
- Sharp objects
- Other dangerous situations
How to Apply
Click the link below to complete our job application form. Once completed, please send your application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention HR Department and include the competition #, located in the top right corner of the job posting, in the subject header.
Mail application to 9824 99 Ave. Fort St John, BC, V1J5A5. Also attention HR Department and include the competition #, located in the top right corner of the job posting, in the subject header.
JOB APPLICATION FORM
*No phone call please.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.