As a leader in high-performance building solutions, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Solutions, NYSE: LPX) manufactures engineered wood building products that meet the demands of builders, remodelers and homeowners worldwide. LP’s extensive offerings include innovative and dependable building products and accessories, such as siding solutions (LP® SmartSide® Trim & Siding, LP® SmartSide® ExpertFinish® Trim & Siding, LP BuilderSeries® Lap Siding, and LP® Outdoor Building Solutions®), LP Structural Solutions (LP® TechShield® Radiant Barrier, LP WeatherLogic® Air & Water Barrier, LP Legacy® Premium Sub-Flooring, and LP® FlameBlock® Fire-Rated Sheathing, LP NovaCore™ Thermal Insulated Sheathing, and more), LP® TopNotch® Sub-Flooring, and oriented strand board (OSB). In addition to product solutions, LP provides industry-leading customer service and warranties. Since its founding in 1972, LP has been Building a Better World™ by helping customers construct beautiful, durable homes while our shareholders build lasting value. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, LP operates 25 plants across the U.S., Canada, Chile, and Brazil. For more information, visit LPCorp.com.
To supervise electrical staff and to coordinate activities of the electrical department, including PLC Programmers, E & I Technicians, diagnose equipment failures and repair problems as they arise. Coordinate all activities in the electrical department regarding preventive and predictive electrical maintenance, installations and modifications. To ensure all electrical equipment is maintained in safe, efficient operating condition.
We’d love to meet you if...
… you’re energized by big challenges and creating a plan to meet the challenge
… you enjoy working with others to deliver great work
… you’re innovative and looking for a values-driven, positive culture and environment
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) within area of responsibility.
- Drives continuous safety, quality and environmental improvement through active participation and leadership with employees.
- Supervise electrical department personnel, including training, performance management and scheduling activities.
- Assist with hiring and orientating new employees.
- Develop self and staff to ensure personal and professional growth.
- Lead and participate in process improvement, cost reduction and continuous improvement projects
- Schedule and assign all tasks required to meet preventative/predictive electrical maintenance needs of the facility including hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics and power distribution (transformers & PDC), motor control, variable speed drives (AC & DC) utilizing the EAM system.
- Work with Supply Management to manage inventory of spares and critical spares according to site business plan and engage with key suppliers to optimize cost savings opportunities for the department.
- Supervise construction, installation, modification, troubleshooting and repair of equipment including EOM and Cap-x projects
- Work closely with other departments, Vendors, Regulatory Agencies, Corporate Engineering and LP Project Managers to meet plant objectives, diagnose complex problems, and meet plant goals.
- Develop PLC & HMI software programs to operate or improve plant equipment.
- Participate on multi-function site business team and establish and manage department budget.
- Establish and manage a motor management system including: lubrication, troubleshooting, RCFA, rewind efficiency tracking.
- Owns drawing control and documentation for all electrical systems including PLCs, power distribution, I/O, networks, underground facilities.
- Maintenance of all electrically related environmental compliance documentation.
- Design and develop new installations of a small to medium scope including: power, motor control, controls, instrumentation and programming of software to operate or improve plant equipment including PLCs and HMI software.
- Office and industrial environment
What do I need to be successful?
- 5+ years’ related electrical/mechanical experience
- 3+ years’ supervisory experience
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant electrical equipment, operations and predictive/preventative maintenance systems
- Knowledge of safety, health, and environmental rules, laws, requirements, and applicable LP programs
- Proficient with the correct application of systems and processes that ensure continuous improvement (safety, environmental, maintenance, quality and manufacturing)
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous manufacturing process and improvement process
- Demonstrated knowledge of PLC's and the writing and troubleshooting of control logic, HMI systems, data communications networking, electronic and instrumentation equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT systems, PC hardware and software servers, fiber optic cabling and network switches.
- Ability to effectively motivate, coach and lead direct reports through daily assignments and to effectively lead meetings and team assignments.
- Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and P & ID schematics
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of medium and high voltage systems
- Associates degree/Technical Diploma or vocational certification required, BS or EE degree preferred.
- Interprovincial Red Seal required (Canada)
- Supervising electrician’s license and other applicable state/province license requirements required.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
How to Apply
Apply at LP website or go this link Supv, Electrical II (lpcorp.com)