Front Desk Manager
Fort St. John, BC
As a Front Desk Manager you are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize room revenue through your Front Desk team each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by leading and teaching your people to make business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department. You will deliver this leadership throughout the orientation, training, performance management, and communication processes.Some of the Front Desk Manager duties include:
- Personally guide each new hire through orientation and deliver the technical training required to be successful; support the training process with daily feedback, one-on-one coaching and performance reviews.
- Schedule the Front Desk team so that monthly labour costs fall within budgeted guidelines, so that peak demand periods are fully staffed and so that each member of the team can balance work with their obligations in life.
- Converting every telephone and front desk enquiry into a reservation is the team’s aspirational goal; requiring you to have advanced communication skills and the ability to coach your team members in their sales technique.
- Respond to guest complaints by seeking to understand to resolve all issues prior to the guest’s departure.
- Contribute as an engaged team member by participating in department meetings, community gatherings, people events, social committees and surveys throughout the year.
- 1 year of Front Desk experience
- Related post-secondary education is an asset
- Strong Leadership Attitude
- Ability to multi-task and hit multiple hard deadlines. Working Conditions:
The Front Desk is the pulse of the hotel, the front line of all guest services, the most plugged in place in the hotel, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. The Front Desk Manager may experience:
- Long periods of standing and interacting
- Ability to work days and evenings
- Ability to successfully work alone and unsupervised
- Exposure to brief period of cold air due to location of front desk.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to HR@PomeroyLodging.com