Some of the Bartender duties include:
- Complete all opening/closing duties, extra side duties and other checklists to the best of your ability. Never leaving it for the next shift to complete.
- Own the guest’s sense of arrival by monitoring the cleanliness and readiness of the restaurant/lounge and in particular the bar. This includes the wood top, ice wells, beer taps, liquor guns, display shelving, coolers, garbage receptacles and dishwasher area.
- Sell the food and beverage specials, menu features and benefits and up-sell. This requires excellent product knowledge and advanced communication skills.
- Secure and regulates the control of all hard liquor, beer, wine, coolers etc. by ensuring cabinets and storage areas are locked when not in use; completing inventory with care and accuracy. Taking special care in proper documentation of requisitions, transfers and spillage.
- Previous experience as a bartender or in a food & beverage position is an asset
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Computer savvy
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and organize, produce accurate work and guest service
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
- Long periods of standing and interacting with the guest
- Shift work is required. Rotating based on the hours of operation from morning to afternoon to evening shifts any day of the week or weekend
- Periods of working under pressure to serve guests quickly and efficiently.
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
All those interested are asked to send a resume and cover letter to HR@PomeroyLodging.com