Sr. Environmental Coordinator (Erosion & Sediment Control) – Site C
Fort St. John, BC
The successful candidate will lead the Erosion and Sediment Control program for the Site C Clean Energy Project and will be responsible for:
· Developing and maintaining Erosion and Sediment Control mitigation and monitoring programs required by the Site C Environmental Assessment Certificate and Federal Decision Statement.
· Management of programs to address regulatory and Project requirements.
· Annual work and budget planning, leadership of the Erosion and Sediment Control program for Site C.
· Managing budget, quality, safety and coordination for multiple on and off-site contractors that are delivering monitoring and mitigation programs. Managing the long-term workload forecast and budget/scope management for these programs.
· Providing subject matter expert and regulatory advice within Site C and BC Hydro and liaises internally and externally with other environmental specialists and regulatory agencies in the investigation and resolution of technical and regulatory problems and the application of new or special environmental methods as they relate to Site C.
· Review Contractor submittals and provide subject matter expert based comments.
· Contributing to the overall success of all Site C Erosion and Sediment Control mitigation and monitoring programs.
· Actively participating on the work of industry associations, and technical societies related to the area of specialty.
· Developing and fostering strong, effective relationships with First Nations, regulatory agencies and key non-governmental or stakeholder organizations.
· Depending on the applicants knowledge and work experience they may be assigned to oversee the Reclamation duties for site.
The successful candidate will have:
· A relevant university degree or post-graduate degree in a relevant science.
· Is a registered Qualified Environmental Professional in the Province of BC and is also Registered as a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC).
· A solid understanding of and experience with the relevant legislation, guidelines and current practices for Erosion and Sediment Control.
· A minimum 8 years of experience in a relevant environmental field including experience in implementation and data collection in the field research and scientific study, investigative techniques, ESC prescription development and inspection, report preparation and project management.
· A comprehensive understanding of issues relating to Erosion and Sediment Control, in a regional, provincial and federal context and demonstrated experience leading small to large scale projects throughout all project phases including those undergoing EA or CEAA review.
· Advanced technical writing skills, preparation of technical reports, including reports for regulators and senior level management, and status reports.
· The ability to manage, liaise and negotiate with contractors, regulators, stakeholders and First Nations on matters having a bearing on Erosion and Sediment Control issues.
· The ability to provide recommendations to all project disciplines on matters having a bearing on Erosion and Sediment Control issues.
· An awareness of and interest in BC Hydro's strategic direction, environmental policy and programs.
· The ability to communicate with strong verbal and written communication skills technical information in public meetings, consultation or hearings.
· Demonstrated, published, and recognized technical ability related to field research programs, regulatory processes.
· Excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated leadership abilities. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
· This location may be eligible for a Remote Incentive of 12%. Remote Incentives are paid bi-weekly to Full-Time Regular employees working in eligible remote locations.
· This location is eligible for Extended Health Care Medical Travel Benefit. The Extended Health Care Medical Travel Benefit is extended to Full-Time Regular, Part-Time Regular and Full-Time Temporary employees who are permanently working in eligible remote locations.
· A condition of employment for this position is to maintain your Class 5 Driver's License in good standing.
· This position is headquartered at site in Fort St John. This is not a Fly In Fly Out position.
· This is a Full-Time Temporary P3 opportunity until approximately 2024.
· Please note some travel will be required in the role.
· Please be advised that this role has been assessed as safety sensitive and pre-qualification alcohol and drug testing will be required as a pre-condition to employment.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html
by June 27th, 2017. Click here
to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page
to view and apply for jobs.