Grande Prarie, Alberta (Canada)
Fort St. John, BC
Job Summary: In a challenging fast paced and customer service oriented environment, the Casino Shift Manager at Chances Fort St. John supervises the entire gaming floor and food & beverage departments. Assumes responsibility for the casino operations and supervises and delegates tasks to all related departments.
Shift Managers perform some or all of the following duties:
· Supervises and observes the entire gaming floor to ensure the integrity and security of all assets at the Casino and regulatory policiesand procedures are followed at all times.
· Supervises and delegates tasks to all departments on the gaming floor.
· Manages staff to achieve and maintain a high and consistent level of job performance and customer service.
· Using effective time management skills to ensure adequate staffing levels to meet business needs.
· Reports all shift activity and works dosely with team members and gaming regulatory bodies as required for the smooth, efficient operation of the gaming floor.
· Brings procedural variances to the attention of the appropriate people, departments, and organizations.
· Manages casino operations to meet the budgetary expectations.
· May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
· Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
· Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
· Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
The optimal candidate will bring his/her passion to exceed our customers' expectations ensuring that a high level of customer service is delivered to guests in a consistent and professional manner. Ability to work all shifts and stand for long periods of time and able to do heavy lifting if necessary.
· 3 Years of gaming experience in table games and poker
· Minimum 3 Years management in a gaming/casino setting.
· Post-secondary education in business or a related field is an asset
· General understanding of overall casino operations Knowledge of gaming regulatory procedures and policies Proven leadership skills and business acumen
· Excellent communicator in English, both written and verbal Working knowledge or the Microsoft Office suite of products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Must be 19+
How to Apply:
Apply for this position at HR@PomeroyLodging.com