North East Native Advancing Society
Fort St. John, BC (Canada)
Employment Assistance Services Officer (EAS)
Fort St. John, BC
The North East Native Advancing Society (NENAS) is a non-profit charitable organization that plays a leading role in providing programs and services to First Nations (Status and Non-Status) and Inuit people residing in Northeastern BC. Our team at NENAS is dynamic and our commitment for helping people is the driving force to our success. We are looking for a qualified Employment Assistance Services Officer
to join our team.
- Provide solutions-oriented employment counseling, and job search activities
- Case File Management, services including reporting requirements within established timelines
- Gathering, entering and maintaining client data
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals
- Assess client’s needs by identifying barriers to employment and assist clients with job readiness, job search strategies, writing resumes, and preparing for job interviews and maintaining employment
- Become a member of the program team, working cooperatively with and providing support to the program team to coordinate and provide skills based education and training for clientele
- Compiling and maintaining up-to-date career, labour market and employment readiness resources to assist clients with applying for job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Coordinating and delivering employment related workshops
- Networking with other agencies and local area employers
- Maintaining statistics on employment assistance activities including results follow-up
- Promoting and marketing NENAS services to potential clients, agencies and employers
- May include delivering outreach services to surrounding First Nations communities
- Attending meetings and other duties as required
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals of Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply.