Fort St. John, BC (Canada)
Child Care Operations Manager
Fort St. John, BC
Full time, Permanent
The YMCA of Northern BC serves 20,000 people of all abilities, backgrounds, and stages of life in Prince George and Northern British Columbia. We are a growing, multi-service charity that offers health, fitness and recreation, licensed childcare, childcare referrals, rehabilitation services, community social services, and summer camp. The YMCA offers the opportunity to join a strong and exuberant team in a workplace that embraces respect, honesty, caring, and responsibility. We offer a competitive salary, benefits to full time staff, complementary membership and discounts on some programs.
Purpose and Objective
The Child Care Operations Manager is a member of the leadership team and reports directly to the Director of Child Care Services. The manager is responsible for providing successful implementation, leadership and management to all YMCA licensed child care programs in Fort St John. Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Responsible for human resource management including coaching and performance management
- In line with achieving the Association strategic plan, responsible for developing divisional operational plan goals on an annual basis
- Accountable for achieving operation goals through financial management of the programs
- Accountable for the development and implementation of the business plan for the Fort St. John centres including budgets, quality assurance, staff, asset management, family engagement
- Accountable for the oversight to ensure quality delivery of YMCA Playing to Learn and YMCA A Place to Connect that aligns with Y mission, vision and strategic plan goals
- Ensures high service standards and satisfaction ratings throughout all centres. Achieves all quality targets established through association goals and national standards
- Ensures compliance with all municipal, provincial and regional regulations including national YMCA initiatives. Ensures that all centres are operating in compliance with the Child Care Licensing regulations at all times
- Oversight of staff schedules including vacation requests in order to ensure seamless operations
- Oversight of recruitment and selection of staff
- Relationship building and coaching with staff and volunteers
- Adherence to all YMCA of Northern BC policies
- Familiarity and compliance with applicable legislation including Employment Standards, Human Rights, Work Safe in order to safe guard the respectful and fair treatment of staff, volunteers, members, participants and all visitors to the facility
- Meeting reporting requirements
- Leadership and Coaching –Ability to direct and develop performance of others to achieve desired result.
- Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members and guests as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience. 3. Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
Self Management- Ability to appropriately manage one’s own emotions; maintain a calm and tactful composure under broad range of challenging circumstances and thing clearly and stay focused under pressure
- Planning and Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Negotiation/ Communication/ Interpersonal Skills- Ability to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships throughout the centre and the Association.
- Strategic Planning and Visioning – Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and action to achieve vision.
- Teamwork and Cooperation – Ability to work cooperatively and productively with others within and across organizational units to achieve common goals; demonstrates respect, cooperation, collaboration and consensus building.
- Post secondary education in Child Development or a related field or combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ management experience, with proven leadership excellence
- 3 satisfactory professional references
- Medical clearance and immunization record
- Current Child Care First Aid & CPR-C Certification
- Satisfactory criminal record check and clear vulnerable sector search
- Physical ability to perform the tasks required
- Reliable vehicle
- Previous experience opening licensed facilities an asset
- Training adult learners an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Detail oriented, self starter and organized
- Excellent time management and teamwork abilities
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office
- Office environment - Child Care Centre
- May include evening or weekend work
- Occasional participation in Y community events
- Flexibility required to meet changing demands
How to Apply:
Please apply with an application form (found on our website), cover letter and resume by noon on Friday, May 18, 2018
Applications will be accepted via email or mail to the attention of:
Director of Child Care Services
YMCA of Northern BC
2020 Massey Drive
Prince George, BC