District of Taylor
10007 100A Street Box 300
Taylor, BC (Canada)
General Tradesman/ Pipelayer
- Performs physical labour and must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual indoor and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Installs, repairs and regularly maintains municipal utility systems including watermains, hydrants, pump stations, well pumps, water services and sewer mains, services and lift stations.
- Maintains a variety of records relating to inspections, maintenance activity, stock levels, material usage, etc.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of tools and equipment by cleaning and checking tools and equipment after use and reports major defects to supervisor
- Operates a variety of light and heavy equipment e.g. - packers, cutoff saws, chain saws, service van, backhoe, grader, vac truck, snowplow truck and municipal tractor.
- Performs all duties in conformance with appropriate safety standards.
- Acts in an "on-call" capacity on a rotational basis with other works crew members to deal with municipal issues/infrastructure emergencies on weekends and as required. Also is required to live within municipal limits.
- Assists with Animal Control as required.
- Assists the Volunteer Fire Department as required during emergency situations.
- Attends and participates in courses, seminars and workshops as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Class 3 Driver’s License with Air Brakes Endorsement
- Specialized skills in one of the following areas: mechanics, carpentry, plumbing, the operation of loaders, backhoe, grader, etc. or any other related area
- Sound knowledge of the English language
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community groups, the general public and various other external contacts as required
- Self -motivated
- Ability to work well with limited supervision and direction
- Completion of a physical exam to confirm ability to perform labour intensive tasks
- Graduation from high school education or GED equivalent
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Water & Sewer Operator with Level 1 EOCP Certification in Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection and Water
Treatment plus a minimum of two years’ experience (preferable in a municipal or other government environment) on a variety of heavy and light equipment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 40 Hour Work Week
- General Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- A split or flexible shift may be required during the time of snow removal operations, or as required
How to Apply:
Please email resume including references, current driver’s abstract and copies of all safety and first aid training certificates to the attention of the undersigned prior to 4:00 pm on Thursday, June 21, 2018.
Ryan Nelson District of Taylor
Director of Operations Box 300
email@example.com Taylor, BC V0C 2K0