: Administrative Support, Claims Processing, Data Entry-Order Processing, Executive Support, Filing-Records Management, General-Other: Administrative-Clerical, Property Management, Reception-Switchboard, Secretary-Executive Assistant, Transcription Location:
Fort St. John, BC
Under the direction and supervision of the Manager, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the administrative operations for the North Peace Seniors Housing Society. The Assistant Manager will provide confidential labour relations support and assistance to the Manager.
In the Manager's absence, the Assistant Manager will report directly to the Board Chair and will be responsible for all aspects of the North Peace Seniors Housing Society.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
All aspects of renting apartments to potential tenants including, but not limited to: receiving applications, wait lists, renting apartments, and billing and collecting monthly rents.
Prioritize meeting residents needs and following up on tenant complaints. This will be done by treating tenants and others professionally and with dignity at all times, while ensuring, privacy and confidentiality.
Communicate policies and procedures of the Board and the Residential Tenancy Act to Tenants, staff and the public. Monitor compliance of these policies and procedures; and follow up as required.
Accountable to the Manager by ensuring the implementation and maintenance of procedures for the fiscal affairs of the Society, including, but not limited to: all aspects of accounting, banking, security deposits, investments, collection of rents, tax receipt preparation, and year end reporting.
Ensure accurate and up to date files in relation to tenants, suites, contracts, financial, employees, and other records as applicable.
Attend Board meetings and other meetings as requested by the Board or Manager, and take the minutes. Create the meeting agendas in consultation with the Board Chair or chair of the committee.
Ensure that all formal complaints or contact with the media are directed to the Board Chair.
Other related duties as required and assigned.
20 hours per week Wednesday to Friday
• Must have strong computer literacy skills, including a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Outlook and Simply Accounting.
• Must have a solid understanding of accounting, bookkeeping, finance and budgetary processes including GL, AR, AP, Payroll and bank reconciliations.
• Minimum two (2) years finance experience
• Knowledge of the legal duties, general roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors
• Knowledge of the residential Tenancy Act, Fire, Safety, WCB and WHMIS regulations
• Previous housing management experience is an asset.
Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the board, Tenants, staff and community agencies and contractors
• Recognize and be empathetic with the aging process and health concerns of tenants.
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and with the Manager and the Board of Directors
• Ability to foster effective working relationships both internal and external, at all levels.
• Ability to problem solve complex issues towards creative solutions
• Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities or unforeseen opportunities.
• Ability to make fair and consistent decisions
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
How to Apply:
email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calll 250-785-8983