Engineering Services Clerk 3
: Aeronautic-Avionic Engineering level3, Aeronautic-Avionic Engineering2 level3, Bio-Engineering, CAD-Drafting, Chemical Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering, Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Energy-Nuclear Engineering, Environmental and Geological Engineering, Industrial-Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture-Marine Engineering, RF-Wireless Engineering, Systems-Process Engineering Location:
Engineering Services Clerk 3Job Number:
Chetwynd, British Columbia, CanadaJob Status:
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top
Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do. Duties:
- Provides administrative support functions to the Business Unit/Area Manager by:
- preparing various statistical reports (such as monthly activity reports, customer complaints, safety variances, etc.) by compiling data from various sources, identifying and obtaining missing information, resolving discrepancies and consolidating information into a summary report; b) preparing statistical summaries and providing written narratives of reports; c) maintaining records of related area's performances using various software packages, creating new formats as required; d) preparing a variety of graphical material for ad-hoc presentations; e) may perform desktop publishing and graphical support for the preparation and updating of materials to desktop and web publishing standards; f) may create and/or revise/edit Forms and Word templates uploading to intranet/LAN as required. g) co-ordinating meetings, presentations, sessions for Area Manager by arranging participant's availability, facilities, equipment, etc., arranging travel and accommodation as required; h) preparing and administering the Local Work Contract and/or tender process; i) Checks the accuracy of and reconciles Local Purchases and Purchase Orders, resolving any discrepancies; stamps and assigns appropriate account codes, processing invoice for payment; prepares purchase requisitions for approval.
- Performs a full range of clerical duties related to the administration of the related office including preparing employee documents such as staff reports, changes of status, requisitions for help, terminations, etc. and following up to ensure necessary action is taken, documenting new employees as required and ensuring induction of new employee orientation is taken, responding to complaint calls from the public and/or referring callers to the appropriate party, receiving, checking and reconciling a variety of computer printouts and statements, such as cost control statements, general and Local Work Orders etc., assisting the Manager in the development of the budget and review of variance reports, processing expense claims, accounts payable documents, maintaining PSSP training, manuals and related documentation and maintaining a petty cash fund.
- Communicates, coordinates and corresponds with major customers and upper level management personnel to handle material of an administrative nature.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties related to employee training and development of the related office; processes Employee Development Plans; coordinates and tracks employee training in relation to development plans and arranges for employees to attend required courses.
- May provide work leadership to and perform the same duties as lower level employees in the Admin/Clerical stream.
- Performs a variety of word processing functions for the Business Unit/Area Manager and other related management staff by composing correspondence for signature of the Manager, preparing a variety of material on computerized word processing equipment, setting up and maintaining the office clerical systems and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- May be required to perform a variety of administrative tasks related to safety and WCB issues and reports for the Area Office; contacting others to present safety presentations and determining employee eligibility for safety awards.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
- High School graduation including Keyboarding 11, Information Management 12 and Data
- Processing 12 plus experience with PC's for word processing, spreadsheet and database
- application programs or equivalent.
- Completion of in-house training courses relating to specific Hydro systems such as related
- portions of STS, APPO, BMS or specific departmental applications is required.
- The successful candidate will have approximately 12 months of experience in the Office
- Administration job hierarchy.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
This location is eligible for a Remote Incentive of 20%. Remote Incentives are paid bi-weekly to
Full-Time Regular employees working in eligible remote locations.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by June 18th, 2018.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.