Fort St John, BC
Records and Documents Administrator
Fort St John, BC
Records and Documents AdministratorJob Number:
Fort St. John, BCJob Status:
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top
Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do. Duties:
- Acts as a resource to staff on the regulations associated with Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and the quality control program as it relates to the release, creation and disposition of information.
- Creates and maintains Automated Document Management System and develops software to meet the needs of the SBU.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of approved systems; trains staff on electronic systems; writes procedures to document changes to current work practices; monitors the effectiveness of manual and automated systems and procedures; identifies problems and potential impact and reports findings to Manager.
- Acts as the key support person to the Freedom of Information Office.
- Maintains liaison with both internal and external client groups; provides demonstrations of automated system to other Hydro groups.
- Maintains the Central Repository of Records (both hard copy and electronic) by ensuring information is maintained in the most secure method to avoid loss of vital documents; provides a wide range of quality control duties including clarifying requests for release of information, opening and issuing file classification numbers and ensuring information is filed and returned to the appropriate location.
- Receives all division or department correspondence, applies appropriate file number and routing of incoming correspondence to staff members for action; reviews copies of all work produced daily to ensure that accurate file numbers are applied and standards of production have been met.
- Trains staff, contractors, consultants and vendors in the use of the document control system.
- Performs a variety of administrative support functions relating to special and other information requests such as assembling a variety of documents and photographs for the department or SBU, examining a variety of original documents, negatives and photographs for completeness, clarity and relevance.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
- High School graduation with completion of an accelerated technology office program or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will have approximately 2 years relevant experience in a similar working environment.
- Satisfactory performance on this job requires approximately 18 months to acquire the additional knowledge/skills necessary to perform the full scope of this job.
- This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
- This location is eligible for a Remote Incentive of 12%. Remote Incentives are paid bi-weekly to Full-Time Regular employees working in eligible remote locations. * Please note this role will operate on a modified work schedule, Tues-Sat. or Sun-Thurs.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by June 18th, 2018.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.