Fort St. John Hospital Foundation
Fort St. John, BC (Canada)
Special Events and Administration
Fort St. John, BC
Under the supervision of the Executive Director the role of the Special Events and Administration is three-fold:
- Planning and execution of Foundation Signature Events
- Management of all aspects the Foundation’s donor database.
- To provide assistance to the Executive Director and Donor Relations in the execution of their duties and responsibilities.
As part of a team, Special Events and Administration is expected to enhance the overall image, profile, and accountability of the Foundation and to safeguard the integrity of the Foundation. Reports to:
The responsibilities of Special Events and Administration include, but are not exclusive to:
- Plan, organize, attend, and evaluate all Foundation Signature Events, programs and campaigns, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Donor Relations. This includes development of yearly business and marketing plans for Signature Events submitted to Executive Director for approval.
- Support and communications for 3rd Party Events, according to the 3rd Party Event Policy and agreements
- Maintain and update @EASE donor database with contact information, donations and campaigns.
- Manage receipting and ensure accuracy of charitable tax receipts for authorized signature.
- Prepare donation Thank You letters for Executive Director signature
- Prepare deposits, reconcile deposits to database (daily, weekly, and monthly), and physically make deposits.
- Account for all revenues received by the Foundation and to report revenues to the Foundation’s Executive Director and contract bookkeeper.
- Support the Executive Director in preparing the Foundation for the annual audit.
- Prepare materials for the monthly Board of Directors meeting, organize all meeting logistics, and record and prepare minutes, under the guidance of the Executive Director
- Prepare documents including reports, letters, and lists as needed by the Executive Director or Donor Relations
- Create monthly newspaper article to recognize Foundation achievements and contributions received.
- Create content for annual newsletter and oversee design work
- Manage and promote social media channels for the Foundation, in collaboration with all staff
- Maintain the Foundation website
- Maintain regular office operations including reception, file management, maintain office supply inventory, and organization of storage areas.
- Provide administrative support to ensure that Foundation operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Steward positive relationships with donors, sponsors, media, participants, volunteers, hospital staff and the public
- Positive and confident
- Respectful of the confidential nature of the Foundation and the hospital
- Respectful of the North Peace Region and the individuals that make up the community.
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrates critical attention to details
- Accurate data entry
- Ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Ability to work independently, juggle shifting priorities, and meet tight timelines.
- Event Planning and Management
- Office procedures and office management
- Databases and database development
- Accounting cycle and related bookkeeping functions.
Every member of staff is expected to show respect to their colleagues and to understand and adhere to the Respectful Workplace Policy. They are also expected to work collegially and to support all the team in achieving the Foundation's objectives.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest by July 20, 2018 to email@example.com