Contracts Manager - GSS - Site C (Fort St. John)
Fort St John, BC
BC HydroJob Title:
Contracts Manager - GSS - Site C (Fort St. John)Job Number:
Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do. JOB DESCRIPTION Duties:
The Contracts Manager will support the Site C Clean Energy project by having overall responsibility for the Generating Station and Spillway Contract on site. The successful candidate will be a senior, experienced Contracts Management professional with a proven track record of leading Contract Management associated with the construction of heavy civil, mechanical and electrical infrastructure projects.
- Manage post-award Vendor relationships to ensure the spirit and intent of the contract is achieved.
- Acts as “Hydro’s Representative” (the named contract authority who represents BC Hydro in all contractual matters under the contract) within the terms of the contract, BC Hydro’s practices and financial policies.
- Ensures that BC Hydro fulfills its obligations under the contract and takes prompt action to resolve and mitigate claims Lead, motivate and inspire a team of Contract Management professionals at the Construction Site.
- Manage the hiring, training and performance of Contract Professionals and provide the leadership to foster a collaborative, productive, and healthy work environment.
- Build and maintain a healthy working relationship with internal Stakeholders who include, Project Managers, Construction, Engineering, Environment, Safety, Quality, and Site Engineering and Acceptance teams.
- Support a culture of continuous improvements.
- Champion initiatives to improve the quality of service provided to Stakeholders.
- Mentor and provide expert level of advice on contract related risk identification and risk mitigation techniques.
- Support Contract Professionals with the identification of alternatives to address Vendor non-compliance with the contract and propose recommendations, within the terms of the contract, to the Project Manager and Construction Manager.
- Monitor contract performance and ensure contractual issues are identified, communicated Stakeholders, and actioned appropriately.
- Review Work Package Agreement to ensure scope, estimate and schedule requirements are reasonable.
- Support Contract Professionals with monthly project progressions to support accurate project cost and schedule performance reporting.
- Responsible for managing and reporting against budget associated with this project function
A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain the following requirements in good Standing: Driver's License Type = Class 5
The location of the position is in Fort St. John. This location is eligible for a Remote Incentive of 12%. Remote Incentives are paid bi-weekly to Full-Time Regular employees working in eligible remote locations.
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as Business, Law, Finance, Economics and/or Engineering
- Minimum of twelve (12) years progressive experience in a dynamic business environment, including hands-on involvement in major infrastructure project contract formation, contract management and administration, contract claims, category management, , ideally in a complex operating environment.
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as Business, Law, Finance, Economics and/or Engineering.
- Having a strong background in contract law is a pre-requirement for this position.
- Experience in Heavy Civil Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Infrastructure Projects is a pre-requirement for this position.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by July 21st, 2018.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.