Anneofield Kidz Club Childcare Society
Fort St. John, BC (Canada)
Manager/Child Care Provider
Fort St. John, BC
Full Time/Part Time
The Anneofield Kidz Club is seeking those who want more than a job.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and dedicated Childcare Educator/Manager for our Kidz Club Centre located in Duncan Cran Elementary, Fort St. John! We are a non-profit society, dedicated to childcare in our Community.
Kidz Club is a before-and-after school program that services ages 5-12 (Kindergarten-Grade 6). We are open from 7am-9am, and 2pm-6pm on school days. On NIDs, Spring Break, and over the Summer we are open from 7am-6pm daily. We are closed on STAT Holidays, and over the Christmas Break, as well as for two weeks in August.Required Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
To be successful at Kidz Club you have/are:
- Proficient in child care, guidance and practices to promote social and personal development of young children, including those with behavioural difficulties and/or developmental delays.
- Proficiency in exercising patience and consistency in behaviour management.
- Ability to implement all of Kidz Club policies, regulations and rules governing the child care provider role.
- Ability to assess the needs of the clients and develop/carry out activities to promote social and personal development in children.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with a variety of families, children, and staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Society Act and BC Childcare Licensing Regulations would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the ability to follow set Manager Procedures, complete administrative duties, and manage a team of Kidz Club employees.
- CPR/ First Aid certified;
- A current Criminal Record Check (or the ability to obtain one);
- An Early Childhood Educator or aspiring to be in this field or experience as a child care provider;
- A passion for working with young children;
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain trust and respect of children and their parents;
- Demonstrated skills working as a team and enjoy a team environment;
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion regarding sensitive issues;
- Experience planning and implementing structured educational programs;
- Able to complete administration duties as required including: computer skills, accepting payments from parents, drafting monthly newsletters, reporting to the board & participate in monthly staff meetings.
Job Type: Part-time, with varying hours.
Preferred education: ECE Certificate and/or 5 years related experience
Required experience: Childcare: 1 year and 20+ hours of training directly fulfilling the Responsible Adult role under the Society ActWe thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Requires First Aid/CPR and ECE or Responsible Adult designation per the Society Act
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume, references, and qualifications to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org