Fort St John, BC
Contracts Professional (Site C)
Fort St John, BC
BC HydroJob Title:
Contracts Professional (Site C)Job Number:
Fort St John Site C Construction Office, British Columbia, CanadaJob Status:
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do. JOB DESCRIPTION Duties:
The Contracts Professional will provide post award and pre award contract management services including but not limited to:
- Review procurement plans, contracting plans, scopes of work, specifications, and draft RFP/RFT documents from a post award contract management perspective.
- Perform day to day contract management activities including, but not limited to, attending and/or chairing progress meetings, monitoring schedules, expediting, drafting of change documents as required, facilitate change processes, negotiations, facilitating and negotiation of claims and disputes as required, forecasting, accrual reporting, validation of payment requests, tracking of contract submittals and other deliverables, monitor document controls and contract interpretation.
- Create, manage, change and close work packages in the PPM model as a Work Package Manager.
- The Contracts Professional performs not only day-to-day contract management, but also assists in the design and implementation of innovative strategies to enhance vendor management and optimize BCH's contract spend.
- The Contracts Professional will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting on a monthly basis the expenditures on all BCH contracts.
- Key success factors for the role include the ability to work with and influence others (both internal and external stakeholders), the ability to understand and optimize detailed contract terms and conditions and the ability to implement continuous improvements to streamline processes.
- The successful candidate must have a business-related Degree or equivalent (relevant experience in lieu of degree will be considered).
- Partial or full completion of the Supply Chain Management Professional(SCMP-PMAC) Designation and /or International Association of Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) Certification to Practitioner level is an asset.
- Minimum of seven years progressive experience managing and understanding complex installation, supply, consulting services and construction contracts is required.
- Experience managing and understanding information technology and telecommunications contracts (and/or information technology and telecommunications work technical education / experience) is an asset.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiating, project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Proven abilities (as they relate to contract management) in influencing internal and external parties, managing risk, and optimizing costs through innovation.
- Proficiency with MS Office including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- This position requires relocation to Fort St.John. This is not a fly-in/fly-out position.
- A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain your Driver’s License: Class 5
- Candidate should possess experience working on large scale, complex, multi-year infrastructure projects.
- Some experience working on transmission line or substation construction contracts would be an asset
- Candidates should possess knowledge and experience with BCH Hydro’s Project and Portfolio Management tools (PPM) and Business Warehouse, Passport, Primavera P6/Unifier, Sharepoint and SAP applications are an asset.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by July 21st, 2018.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.