Cashier - Student
Fort St. John, BC
The Cashier is responsible for providing all point-of-sale and phone transactions, returns, cash handling and balancing, as well as other areas of customer services, such as providing information and confirming prices.
- Ensure customers have had a positive shopping experience by pleasantly greeting them upon entering and leaving the store
- Good communication skills when dealing with customers over the telephone
- Process customer purchases using cash (providing accurate change with good mathematical skills), credit cards, in store accounts, and processing returns.
- Understand and operate the point of sale computer program and equipment, including cash register
- Be efficient in opening and closing procedures, preparing change orders and become familiar in all front end procedures
- Become familiar with inventory items, in store and in lumber yard
- Ensure a tidy and pleasing appearance at check-out counters.
- Assist customers who need advice, information and directions
- Friendly, helpful and cooperative attitude towards customers and coworkers
- Communicate and cooperate well with coworkers and management
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere
- Work weeks are 5 days, between Monday and Saturday, 8 hours per day
- Some physical activity required, including lifting, reaching overhead, bending, squatting, kneeling, and standing/walking for extended periods of time
- Report directly to head cashier or supervisor;
- Willingness to learn and to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base
- Self-motivated and good problem solving ability
- Good organizational skills
How to Apply:
INTERESTED APPLICANTS, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Fort St. John Home Hardware Building Centre
9820 – 108th StreetFort St. John, BC V1J 0A7
We thank all applicants for their interest in Home Hardware; however, only those being considered will be contacted.