Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Admin Support Assistant - MOU15 (Site C)
Job Number: BCH-T-5680-230111E1
Job Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
- Provides administrative support functions to the Business Unit/Area Manager by: a) preparing various statistical reports (such as monthly activity reports, customer complaints, safety variances, etc.) by compiling data from various sources, identifying and obtaining missing information, resolving discrepancies and consolidating information into a summary report; b) preparing statistical summaries and providing written narratives of reports; c) maintaining records of related area's performances using various software packages, creating new formats as required; d) preparing a variety of graphical material for ad-hoc presentations; e) may perform desktop publishing and graphical support for the preparation and updating of materials to desktop and web publishing standards; f) may create and/or revise/edit Forms and Word templates uploading to intranet/LAN as required. g) co ordinating meetings, presentations, sessions for Area Manager by arranging participant's availability, facilities, equipment, etc., arranging travel and accommodation as required; h) preparing and administering the Local Work Contract and/or tender process; i) Checks the accuracy of and reconciles Local Purchases and Purchase Orders, resolving any discrepancies; stamps and assigns appropriate account codes, processing invoice for payment; prepares purchase requisitions for approval.
- Performs a full range of clerical duties related to the administration of the related office including preparing employee documents such as staff reports, changes of status, requisitions for help, terminations, etc. and following up to ensure necessary action is taken, documenting new employees as required and ensuring induction of new employee orientation is taken, responding to complaint calls from the public and/or referring callers to the appropriate party, receiving, checking and reconciling a variety of computer printouts and statements, such as cost control statements, general and Local Work Orders etc., assisting the Manager in the development of the budget and review of variance reports, processing expense claims, accounts payable documents, maintaining PSSP training, manuals and related documentation and maintaining a petty cash fund.
- Communicates, coordinates and corresponds with major customers and upper level management personnel to handle material of an administrative nature.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties related to employee training and development of the related office; processes Employee Development Plans; coordinates and tracks employee training in relation to development plans and arranges for employees to attend required courses.
- May provide work leadership to and perform the same duties as lower level employees in the Admin/Clerical stream.
- Performs a variety of word processing functions for the Business Unit/Area Manager and other related management staff by composing correspondence for signature of the Manager, preparing a variety of material on computerized word processing equipment, setting up and maintaining the office clerical systems and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- May be required to perform a variety of administrative tasks related to safety and WorkSafeBC issues and reports for the Area Office; contacting others to present safety presentations and determining employee eligibility for safety awards.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- High School diploma; plus experience using PC's for word processing, spreadsheet and database application programs or equivalent.
- Requires in-house training in relevant BC Hydro systems/applications (such as time entry, financial and records management) or departmental systems/applications; or must be completed within one (1) month of starting in the job.
- The successful candidate will have approximately 12 months of experience in the Office Administration job hierarchy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by January 22, 2023
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro's discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week