Ministry of Agriculture and Food
Dawson, Fort St John
This position is also posted as a STO-RE 27R under REQ 106129.
Crop Risk Specialist
$75,454.69 - $96,020.36 annually
The Business Risk Management Branch provides agricultural risk management services to help farmers and farm organizations proactively manage uncertainty through production insurance, income stabilization and wildlife damage compensation programs.
The Crop Risk Specialist works independently within the terms, objectives, plans, policies and procedures of the Provincial and Federal Governments, the Ministry and the scientific principles and practices of agronomy and horticulture to analyze current and new agronomic practices and test pilot projects for the high-profile Production Insurance and risk management programs. The Crop Risk Specialist provides professional, technical expertise, correlation and standards experience and guidance for production insurance product design, development, testing, delivery and maintenance.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, Business or Economics; AND
- Three (3) years’ experience in agriculture industry analysis with a focus on financial and production parameters for commodities common to B.C. OR
- Degree in Agriculture, Business or Economics; AND
- Five (5) years’ experience in agriculture industry analysis with a focus on financial and production parameters for commodities common to B.C.; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Registered member in good standing as Professional Agrologist (P.AG) with the BC Institute of Agrologists (BCIA) or immediate eligible registration as a Professional Agrologist with BCIA. Note: Immediate eligible registration means you have a professional designation in good standing with another provincial institute of agrology and you can transfer your membership to BCIA. It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure eligibility.
- Three (3) years experience in the discipline of agronomy or related to primary agriculture production.
- Two (2) years of experience supervising technical and/or administrative staff; OR
- Four (4) years of experience delivering agriculture risk management programs or delivering agriculture projects of moderate to high complexity, with multiple deliverables and with various and divergent stakeholder interests.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply online by December 7, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/106128