Location: Fort St. John, BC
Job type: Full-time
Determined. Imaginative. Curious. If these are some of the ways you describe yourself — we want to learn more about you! At TC Energy, we are Energy Problem Solvers — passionate about transitioning North America to cleaner energy while meeting the energy demands of today and tomorrow. If that sounds like a challenge you want to help tackle, we want you to join our team!
Posting Close Date: 31 December 2022
Reporting to the Costal GasLink Operations Manager, the EIC Controls Technician will operate and maintain natural gas compression, auxiliary equipment and facility (including but not limited to gas turbines driving centrifugal gas compressors, reciprocating generator packages, boilers, air compressors, PLC & DCS, valves) in a manner which meets operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements. In this role, you will also be required to perform tasks from other disciplines.
The schedule for this position will initially require a modified work schedule and is subject to change according to business needs with little notice.
What you’ll do
- Independently perform installation, testing, repair, operation and maintenance on compressor station equipment, and pipeline building assemblies located on this pipeline system as required
- Perform routine and major maintenance on gas turbine packages, gas compressor units, meter station assets equipment and associated auxiliary equipment assist with pipeline asset maintenance
- Troubleshoot, test, & maintain shutdown devices, fire & gas systems, auxiliary systems, HVAC systems, relief and Over Pressure Protection devices, control valves, PLC’s & control systems
- Install & configure software in control systems
- Perform emergency repairs to meet customer and client needs
- Lead/manage the safe and efficient completion of low/medium complexity projects including the coordination and monitoring of contractor work activities or third-party active control
- Ensure facilities, personnel and contractors comply with TC Energy's safety, health, environment, and risk standards
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel
- Journeyman ticket in Instrumentation and/or Electrical
- 5 years of Electrical Instrumentation and Control experience hands on with Natural Gas Compressors
- Experienced with the interpretation of technical reference documents, drawings, vendor manuals
- Proven mechanical aptitude, as well as planning and organization skills
- Competent using equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- A proven history of mentorship, engagement and leadership
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and/or SAP experience
- Previous experience with high pressure natural gas
- Current with technological advances in the compression field
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and provide a driver's abstract (record) for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training will be required (estimated up 50% of work schedule)
- Participate in on-call schedule
- Be subject to working conditions which include adverse weather and temperatures
Please note this position will be posted for an extended period of time to align with project demands. There may be a delay in our response to your application!
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.