Job requisition id
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Job type: Full-time
Posting Close Date: 31 December 2022
Reporting to the Coastal GasLink Operations Manager, this position requires technical skills to ensure all measurement control systems and equipment are effectively maintained and safely operated in accordance with our best practices, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will also operate and maintain natural gas measurement facilities in a manner that meets operational needs, ensuring compliance with company and regulatory requirements. This individual must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, who possesses excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and communication skills. Mentorship of technicians through TC Energy’s Qualification Program is also a key accountability in this role. In this role, you will also be required to perform tasks from other disciplines.
The schedule for this position will initially require a modified work schedule and is subject to change according to business needs with little notice.
What you’ll do
- Independently inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, configure, and repair: Uninterruptable power supplies; Other natural gas facility equipment (control valves, device calibrations, power distribution systems, HVAC systems, relief and over pressure protection devices); Natural gas measurement equipment (flow/pressure control systems, RTU’s, orifice meters, Coriolis meters, ultrasonic meters, hydrocarbon dewpoint analyzers, H2S analyzers); Other systems and equipment relevant to the pipeline system
- Perform routine and major maintenance
- Interpret technical reference documents, drawings, and vendor manuals
- Perform valve maintenance
- Perform emergency repairs to meet customer and client needs
- Lead/manage the safe and efficient completion of low/medium complexity projects including the coordination and monitoring of contractor work activities or third-party active control
- Ensure facilities, personnel and contractors comply with TC Energy's safety, health, environment, and risk standards
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel
- Journeyman Instrument or Controls Technician and/or Instrument Mechanic
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience with the interpretation of technical reference documents, drawings, vendor manuals
- Demonstrated ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned based on qualifications and experience
- Competent using equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems
- Familiarity with SAP and the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Instrumentation experience
- Valve maintenance experience
- Experience working with high pressure natural gas
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- A proven history of mentorship, engagement and leadership
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and provide a driver's abstract (record) for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training will be required (estimated up 50% of work schedule)
- Participate in on-call schedule
- Be subject to working conditions which include adverse weather and temperatures
Please note this position will be posted for an extended period of time to align with project demands. There may be a delay in our response to your application!
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com