Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life.
Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
Ready to Make an impact?
This position helps to implement Division Grocery Merchandising programs. Assists in managing displays, ordering and minimizing out-of-stocks within the department; the overall presentation of the department, while providing excellence in world-class customer service.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Provide world-class customer service
- Write Grocery order
- Load and unload merchandise for sales floor distribution
- Price changes as required
- Stock merchandise on shelves
- Set up displays
- Frozen Food, Dairy and Bakery Section – load, unload, store, rotate and order
- Schedule flow of merchandise – arrange stock room, damaged merchandise, spoils, salvage.
- Retrieve carts
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Store Manager
What you have to offer:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- High degree of initiative
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Available to work night shifts
- Available to work flexible hours (am/pm shift)
- Ability to supervise is an asset
Educational and experience:
- For high school graduates (or equivalent) with no post-secondary education, a minimum of 3 years retail experience*.
- For candidates with some post-secondary education, a combination of post-secondary education and retail experience* must be at least 3 years. A minimum of 6 months retail experience*.
- For college graduates, Bachelor’s degree plus at least 6 months of retail experience*.
- Grocery Retail experience is preferred
How to Apply
Please go to the below link:
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.
We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.