Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast.
Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
Why work for us:
We offer regular pay increases for hourly employees, flexible scheduling and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes employer funded prescription drug coverage, vision care, dental coverage, and pension plan for eligible employees.
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy giving our customers the best shopping experience. If you want the chance to join one of the best retail teams in the industry, enhance your skill set, learn from experts and advance your career, this is the place to be. We are an award winning organization that is renowned for its inclusive work environment and recognized as a great place to work.
Sobeys Inc. is committed to creating a respectful and supportive workplace that attracts and retains a workforce representative of the more than 1,500 communities we serve from coast to coast.
We believe in providing our employees with an environment where they feel included, respected and valued for the unique talents and perspectives they bring to our organization. All of our employees play an important role in achieving our purpose of helping Canadians Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
A day in the life of a Meat Cutter:
You will deal directly with customers and answer questions on everything from grilling to nutrition. Our highly skilled Meat Cutter are trained here to prepare the outstanding quality cuts that Safeway has built its reputation on. Become part of the team that offers our customers some of our best-selling products.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway’s programs
- Cut and prepare meat products for display using knives and saws
- Stocking various meat products to shelves
- Maintaining and building merchandise displays in compliance with Safeway programs
- Use of commercial power equipment
- Order writing
- Receiving and rotating product
- Filling product showcases
- Cleaning and sanitizing of work area
What you have to offer:
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with previous Retail Meat Cutting experience
- Knowledgeable of various cuts of meat an asset. Safeway specific training will be provided
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong Customer Service qualities
- Works in a Safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Previous Retail Meat Cutting experience an asset
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
(Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Constant lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Constant hand coordination, reaching and gripping
- Frequent standing, squatting, bending, walking, twisting, pushing or pulling
- Occasional lifting of between 20-100 pounds
- Occasional exposure to cold temperatures
How to Apply
Please go to the below link: