Ministry of Forests
Fort St John, Prince George, Smithers (Hybrid)
Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer - Water
$75,454.69 - $96,020.36 annually
The Water Management Branch is responsible for the operational delivery of several provincial water programs, including the River Forecast Centre, Flood Safety, Dam Safety, Water Utilities Regulation, Water Allocation and Water Business. These programs help ensure the public is safe from flooding and that the use and allocation of provincial water resources is done in a safe, fair and sustainable manner.
This Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer - Water position for the Omineca Region provides specialist services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications, conducting applied research and leading or participating in complex projects. This position may also supervise professional and technical staff. The successful candidate can conclude complex water issues using advanced analytical reasoning and judgment skills.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area (e.g., Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Engineers and Geoscientists BC). Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the BC association within six (6) months of employment. Under-implementation of this position at an LSO 1B level may be considered, provided an applicant is registered with a British Columbia professional association and is actively articling/in-training by the time of the offer of employment and can achieve their full professional designation status within six (6) months of their start date. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association.
Related experience must include all of the following:
- Related experience working in natural resource management; preference may be given for experience related to water management and environmental flow needs specifically.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes (acts and regulations) that support natural resource management; preference may be given for experience related to water management.
- Experience in consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with partners in natural resource management.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply online by December 1, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/107168